Image Map

Friday 29 November 2013

FILM REVIEW- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

So I haven't posted in a while as going back to school I've had English, Science and ICT coursework to catch up on along with a tonne of other schoolwork,drama performances (post to follow) etc. So this post I was going to do a review type thing of Catching Fire arghhh. So I've literally been so excited for this coming out since it was announced like agesssss ago. I've got to admit I'm a massive fan of all three books so was kind of worried that the films wouldn't live up to my expectations but I've got to say the first two have been amazing,especially Catching Fire. Catching fire just seemed to be on a much bigger scale,everything so much brighter,better and more detailed than before. It seemed that this time seeing more of the Capitol it portrayed the scene's from the book so well. Even Effie looked more flamboyant than the first film if that is even possible! I think that in this film they showed the changing relationship between Katniss and Peeta perfectly, as well as showing Katniss' feeling towards Gale. This film had everything,cute moments,deaths (of course),scary moments that had me jumping out my seat and even moments that had me and my friend Beth shedding a few tears. I would definitely recommend it to anybody!


Poster source: Wikipedia

Okay so now I've kind of said my thoughts on the main kind of story I guess without giving too much away for those of you who haven't already read the books! But I thought I would dedicate a paragraph to the actors and performances in the movie (mainly the boys if you see where I am going). So in this film we get to see a lot more of Liam Hemsworth as Gale, and we get to see a stronger side to him in his feelings and beliefs (as well as a few topless scenes,don't get too excited though- he's all bloody in them!). We also get to see Peeta more, outside of the games and get to see how much he's fallen for Katniss (aww!) and what a complete cutie he is, he definitely had us swooning a few times! Also a shout out to Josh Hutcherson who seems to have turned from a boy to a man-excuse the cringy-ness, but seriously his arms in this movie are just phwoar all muscly and that! In this film we get to see fine englishman Sam Claffin as Finnick Odair and he is without doubt extremely easy on the eye too. He also shows a soft side playing Finnick and comes across as a massive flirt at the same time! But enough about the boys of the film, Jennifer Lawrence completely stole the show (as usual) playing both the soft,caring and instinctive-slightly mad sides of Katniss all whilst still looking stunning throughout! I mean seriously how can someone still look that pretty when they are injured or half-dying?! Anyway that is my quick review-type thing of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire hope you liked or enjoyed some of it at least! I'd really appreciate if you could share with friends,comment or do that weird +1 thing if you like it as I'd love to get out there to a wider audience or have some feedback or ideas if you have them! 
Love 
Georgie xx

Find me on:
Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh

No comments:

Post a Comment