Image Map

Wednesday 16 April 2014

My Skincare Essentials!

Hey guys! So I hope those of you who are off for Easter are having a good time off and aren't getting too bogged down by revision like I am! Also if you live in England you'll know we've been having fairly sunny weather, maybe summer is somewhere round the corner hey! And for the rest of you I hope your weather is good wherever you may be too! So I thought I'd share with you guys some of my skincare essentials,things that I use on a daily basis and give you my opinion on them so here goes!


So my first skincare essentials are two facial washes by Petal Fresh Botanicals. The first is the Peppermint and Aloe Facial Cleanser, I use this every morning and its soo refreshing and smells really good too. It's also gentle enough as I have sensitive skin and I find it's really balancing, it has a kind of gel to foam formula and has been a firm favourite of mine for months. The second is the Aloe and Apricot Facial Scrub which is my absolute favourite! This scrub is so good and really exfoliates your skin but is still gentle, I tend to use it every other day and I love it, it's not harsh or scratchy like so many other scrubs I've used. It's also a really good dupe for St Ives Apricot scrubs, in fact I prefer this one! At only £1.99 per tube for 200ml they're such good value for the quality, only problem is I've never seen them in chain stores only in independent pharmacies so they're a bit difficult to get hold of!


So my next skincare essentials aren't so much essentials as I don't use them every day, but if they weren't as pricey to buy I probably would! These are the mini versions of: Foamingly Clean Facial Wash, It's potent! Eye Cream and Refined Finish Facial Polish, from the Benefit Skincare set. There are 6 mini's in the set but these 3 are definitely my favourites. Both face washes are gentle and feel a little bit more luxurious than your bog standard cleansers and scrubs. I especially love the eye cream as I find it really brightens my under eyes and makes my skin round my eyes more glowy as I unfortunately suffer from pretty chronic dark under eye circles. The bigger versions of these are a little on the pricey side, hence why I don't have them as my paper money doesn't quite stretch that far with all the other clothes and make-up I buy!


On a cheaper note, I love these oil balancing wipes that I picked up from Primark. You get two packs of 25 for £1 so of course they're a bargain! These wipes are super refreshing and are great for quickly swiping over your face especially on those summer days when you're going bare-faced. They smell quite strongly of teatree yet don't really sting when used near your eyes, like a lot of teatree products do. I find they're really handy just to chuck in my handbag when on the go, leave my face feeling fresh and are really affordable so are a winner all round!


The next couple two are by simple and I originally bought just for Germany to save taking full size bottles of other products with me. But after using them both for 10 days I found that I really like them, especially the moisturiser,which is light enough yet still really good and moisturising  even though I have combination skin. The travel bottle is quite hard to get the product out of though,which is a bit annoying but it's a good travel option. The wash too is more a product I use when I'm away for the night rather than everyday but is a nice foaming wash with a pleasant smell too. They'd be good for people with normal skin I guess or on a budget.


So the next thing I always buy/use are face masks, I try to do at least one mask a week on a evening while I relax and my favourites are the ones by 'montagne jeunesse' as I've always used them but I also love the ones from Superdrug and H&M as I've started to buy them more recently. Pretty much all face masks smell really good and are nice on your skin plus they're amazing for sleepovers with the girls!

And finally my last essential is the T-Zone Rapid Action Zapping gel, basically I apply this when I have a bad blemish and it tends to reduce the redness and make it less noticable, obviously I don't use this everyday but it's definitely essential to keep in my bathroom or my handbag if i'm out all day :-)

So that was my some of my skin essentials I hope you enjoyed reading, tell me what you think or if you use any of these products! Also notice I've finally sorted out my bloglovin' and there is now a button on my page too,woo! That's all for now, but I'm going to be uploading more on here so stay tuned!

Love 
Georgie xx

Twitter- @geo_lawson
Instagram- @geo_leighh
E-mail- geo.leigh4@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment