Image Map

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Summer Playlist


These are my favourite songs so far this summer:

Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club (Link Here) An oldie but still a good'un, one of those songs you never get sick of, a firm favourite on my summer playlist and well it's Two Door Cinema Club so you can't go wrong really!

Sheets- Shannon Saunders (Link Here) I've been watching Shannon's covers and stuff on YouTube for years and then last week she put up this from her album. It's kind of electro-y but I love it, definitely a summer evening festival song. You should definitely give it a listen, she's amazing!

Deckchairs on the Moon- Bipolar Sunshine (Link Here) This came up as a suggestion on my Spotify and I've been listening to it ever since, it's pretty chilled out and summery. Again it's kind of random and not too well know but I love it.

M.O.N.E.Y- The 1975 (Link Here) One of my faveeeee songs for ages! I'm actually going to see The 1975 in London in October so am getting ready for it by playing their songs on repeat (oops). Such a chilled out kind of song and Matt Healy is just mmmm.

Dani California- Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Link Here) This is my kind of nostalgic song from summer's in the past. With my Dad being a Red Hot Chilli Peppers fan I was brought up on the Stadium Arcadium album, though I remember this song in particular being played on many long, hot summer car journeys.

Shine On- The Kooks (Link here) I love love love The Kooks, especially their older stuff and this is my summer favourite it's just cheery in like a relaxed, chilled out kind of way, it's just my ideal summer song really.

Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana (Link Here) You can't beat a good old Nirvana song for the summer, say no more.

Knee Socks- Arctic Monkeys (Link Here) I love the riff in this song and it's one that I could play over and over again, Alex Turner once again, does not disappoint. This has been my sunbathing song (what little sunbathing I've managed to do with our crappy english weather) but will probably still be my fave in the winter.

Disconnected- 5 Seconds of Summer (Link Here) The start of this sounds scarily like the 1975... I've been listening to these since the YouTube days and it's crazy to see how well they are doing now, plus this week I got tickets for their UK tour. This song is just nice * I like the summer rain* it's just cute.

There's a few of the songs on my Spotify summer playlist that I've been listening to recently, I hope you are all having a lovely summer!

Love
Georgie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment